Fat people need to exercise too!

I am 31 year old girl that lives in the California Bay Area. I live with my Husband of 10 years and our puppy. I am trying to lose weight and get in shape not just for my own well being but in time to fit into a normal sized dress at my sisters upcoming wedding. Need all the luck, support and advice I can get. :D
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Getting ready for day one

So tomorrow is the beginning of my new way of life. I am 30 about to celebrate my 31st birthday and I am tried of being the fat girl that people judge on site.

I work in Oakland and have to ride BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) and there is some sort of sickness people are afraid of catching if they sit next to me. I call it "Imgonnagetfatitis" the symptoms are looking me up and down in disgust, then the irrational fear that the cellulite on my body is going to jump on to theirs. The symptoms also include huffing and trying to scoot all the way to the edge of seat to avoid sitting absolutely next to me. Yeah, that doesn't make me or you feel awkward at all.

I have a great and supporting husband that always stands by my side and supports me in what ever screwball thing i do or think about doing. (wow that's a run on on sentence.) We have been married for over ten years and have had a great time. We don't have any children yet, but we do have a spoiled toy poodle named jet.

My whole life it seems that i have been over weight and somehow I always thought it was okay because my parents were. My mom has been overweight since the birth of my sister and dad was for a while but smoking seemed to help him along in his weight loss.

Jet demands cuddling (that's the toy poodle) sorry for the interruption

So why now? First, I got tired of looking at pictures of my husband and I. I would just look at this nice looking guy and the fat lady next to him. I would get disgusted at that. That would make me depressed. And when I get depressed and stressed, I eat. Which adds to the weight and the wicked circle begins again.

Second, I am officially entering my thirties and need to change my lifestyle and bad habits. I am too old to be eating and lazing about like I am still a teenager.

and Third, my little sister is about to get married next year and I am not gonna be the fat girl that people are going to stare at instead of the lovely bride and handsome groom.

That is my main deadline. I have 462 days to lose the weight.

Currently I weigh 370. I wear a size 26 in clothes. According to a website I was looking at it said for my height and body frame, my ideal weight is 224 pounds. Which would get me down to about a size 18. (Which I haven't been since Jr. High.)

So here's the deal, for the next two weeks: no soda, no fried food, less snacking, counting calories, no sneaking and no snacking and junk food, and lastly no red meat.

I am going to keep a mostly up to date blog of everything I am doing or did and just the little musings of a fat girl trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment