Fat people need to exercise too!

I am 31 year old girl that lives in the California Bay Area. I live with my Husband of 10 years and our puppy. I am trying to lose weight and get in shape not just for my own well being but in time to fit into a normal sized dress at my sisters upcoming wedding. Need all the luck, support and advice I can get. :D
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day Three and Why I love Granola!

I woke up this morning at 4:45. Courtesy of Jet who was in desperate need to go out.

I managed to stay awake and went to take my morning walk around 5:45. As I grabbed my wrist key chain, Jet came out from the bedroom and was anxious to go with me.

We walked the half loop in about 10 minutes. My neighborhood is so quiet and serine that time of day.

Once we got back home, I took a shower and got ready for work. On time and everything. J I was worried that taking the morning walk might make me late for my train. But, I was right on time.

I got to work 20 minutes early (thanks to the early train) and the first thing I did was get my Jamba breakfast. Still, So yummy! Once in the building I started filling up my water bottles and got started on my drinking. My goal is to drink 96 oz. of water a day. If I can make it, that’s a great day. (other than the needing to go pee every five minutes) By 10 this morning, I have already drunk 48oz, which is the halfway point. Yea me!!!!

Our work has a Brita faucet filtration system and this water cooler that goes with it. So when the jug is empty you can refill yourself using the Brita filter on your faucet. When I went to refill my water bottles, the jug was empty and it’s standard practice, if you were the last one to empty it, you get to fill it. So while waiting forever for the jug to fill, I started channeling my Chevron days and used that time to have a stretch break. For those of you that want to know what stretches I did, they are as follows: Flamingo, neck rolls, hands, washing machine and ankle rolls.

Also, during that little forever long break, I started thinking about some things. (Yes, I know what you are thinking. Its about TIME) :P

I think its really important to have and to set goals. And as part of such, once they have been met, you should get a reward.

So here is the list of my goals for my first month of this and the rewards that coincide.

For keeping it for one week: my reward is going to be a pedicure. (my toes and rest of my feet and gong to be very appreciative)

For keeping it up for two weeks: my reward is going to be a manicure. (yea! Full set)

For keeping it up for three weeks: The reward for this one was really hard to think up but I finally decided to make it a new bathing suit. I wear one (underneath my t-shirt and sweats) when I do my walks just so I don’t have to worry about stuff riding up or slouching down.

For keeping it up for four whole weeks (which also is known as a month, and just happens to coincide with my birthday. ) The reward is a new shirt and skirt for work. (Hopefully, a nice long one to cover my tattoo)

I also would just like to say Thanks for the compliments and letting me know that I’m inspiring you. While that was never my like, main reason or thought for doing this blog, I am happy to hear about it. Doing this blog is my inspiration to keep at it, try harder and to share about what obstacles or achievements we deal with every new day.

So Now its time for lunch. And I’m eating (as you guessed it) Jamba Juice Yumberry Topper. Still soooo gooood. I also went and got a Starbucks Shaken Iced Tea, Venti, Black. Yea for Iced Tea! But I have decided to limit myself to just 2 a day.

Also I have noticed as I am walking around City Center, (the one in Oakland not Las Vegas) & the building; that I am walking faster and really starting to hit my stride, which is awesome

I would like to take a sec to comment about some of the little things that I admire. Every Wednesday during summer, (not that it looks or feels like it) They have music playing in the middle of City Center. All of these people; special needs, seniors, kids and just everyone else just dancing. They didn’t care about who stared or gawked or what they thought. It was just inspiring in itself. But, the one thing I was struck by was this older lady doing all of the these like ball room dances to the ska music playing. She was so in tune with the music it was truly awe-some.

During the rest of the afternoon, I drank another 34 oz of water, Making my grand total: 120 oz!!!!! The only drawback from drinking so much water is the having to pee all the time.

I only drank the one Iced tea. I am limiting it to two a day. If I can.

Since this has started, I have started to look at my self differently. When I look at myself in the mirror, I am not looking at the big fat blobbyness that I am. I am still looking at my self, But I envision myself being wrapped up in that yellow caution tape and it says ‘work in progress’ all over it. I know I am going to make it, Its gonna take a lot of time, Patience and hard work to get there but I am not going to let myself give up and go back to my old unhealthy ways.

Tonight’s dinner is subway instead of our typical pizza night. Normally I get the sub club. But, that has roast beef on it (which is a red meat). L So I ordered it with extra ham instead of the roast beef. It was still good.

Oh Yeah, I don’t know if I mentioned this or not, but, I started to keep an actual hand written journal of all of this during the day. Then I type it and paste it into my blog at night when I get home. it’s a great way to pass the time on the BART train on my way home. (and I guess on the way the way to work too, but that would be pretty boring and pretty standard. “I woke up, went pee, got ready for work, got dropped off at the station, rode BART, got off in Oakland” BORING!) Not that this isn’t boring. I mean I know it is but I appreciate that you are still reading.

Tonight we had desert. First time since we started. We had low fat froyo. It was Hellas good. I got mine with fresh berries, nuts and granola. BTW, sunflower seeds on froyo is Amazingly good. Def. worth trying.

After dinner and froyo, we took our walk. I was kinda tired from the lack of caffeine and being up so early so it was a long slow walk. I taught Jet a new word to get him to stay focused and start walking. “yip yip” its from avatar. The good one, not the one with the blue people.

Now, I think it is time to Chilax. Have a glass of milk, post my blog, watch an episode of friends and then hit the hay.

Have a great Night,

Your friend,
-Fat Girl Trying

No comments:

Post a Comment